The holding company MCH Group Ltd. with its head office in Basel is a joint stock company with the participation of public sector entities as per Art. 762 of the Swiss Code of Obligations.
MCH Group has its roots in the “Schweizer Mustermesse” (Swiss Samples Fair) which was established in Basel in 1916 and in the Schweizer Mustermesse Cooperative that was founded in in Basel in 1920 for purposes of running the fair. In 2000, the Cooperative was converted into a joint stock company with the participation of public sector entities as per Article 762 of the Swiss Code of Obligations. In 2001, this merged with the exhibition company in Zurich (established in 1945) under the joint umbrella of MCH Swiss Exhibition (Holding) Ltd. The holding company was renamed MCH Group Ltd. in 2009.
Companies and holdings
The most important companies for the groupʼs business activity are set out below (as per 31.12.2022):
Companies and stakes held directly by MCH Group Ltd.
- MCH Swiss Exhibition (Basel) Ltd. – since 2001 | 100 %
- MCH Swiss Exhibition (Zurich) Ltd. – since 2001 | 100 %
- MCH Beaulieu Lausanne SA – since 2011 | 100 %
(acquisition of the majority of shares in Beaulieu Exploitation SA in 2010)
- MCH Live Marketing Solutions AG – since 2007 | 100 %
(formerly Expomobilia AG)
- MCH US Corp. – since 2017 | 100 %
(with MC2 Group)
- Arcual AG – since 2022 | 67.5 %
In 2022, Digital Festival AG (since 2021, 100 %) has been merged with MCH Swiss Exhibition (Zurich) Ltd. and deleted from the commercial register.
Subsidiaries of MCH Swiss Exhibition (Basel) Ltd.
- MCH Group Asia Ltd. – since 2011 | 100 %
(until 2014 60 %; formerly Asian Art Fairs Limited)
- Art Basel U.S. Corp. – since 2013 | 100 %
- Masterpiece London Limited – since 2017 | 100 %
(until 2022 67.5 %; with Masterpiece Asia Limited)
- Design Commerce Technologies, Inc. – since 2020 | 4.75 %
- Art Events Singapore PTE Ltd. – since 2022 | 15 %
Subsidiaries of MCH Live Marketing Solutions AG
- Expomobilia MCH Global Shanghai Ltd. – since 2016 | 100 %
- Expomobilia MCH Global ME Live Marketing LLC – since 2018 | 49 %
An overview of all the companies and holdings may be found in the Financial Report in the “Group balance sheet” section, under “Notes” | “23. Investments in subsidiaries”.
– Online: Link
– Download pdf: Page 121