The MCH Group opened a new chapter in its more than 100-year history in the 2020 financial year and laid the foundation for a successful future. Under its newly configured management, it will continue to press ahead intensively with the transformation and do its utmost to to ensure that the company emerges stronger from the challenging situation.
- Despite the consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic, which resulted in a drop of almost 60 % in operating income and a loss for the year of CHF -72.2 million, the company’s continued existence beyond 2021 is secured.
In the 2020 financial year, the MCH Group laid the foundation for a successful future
- The capital increases, the entry of Lupa Systems and the renewal of the Board of Directors have served to strengthen its capital structure, shareholder base and company management.
- The three new Board of Directors’ members from Lupa Systems and the designated chairmann and vice-chairman will bring additional international experience, industry knowledge and innovative strength into the company.
- In the 2020 financial year, numerous innovative projects were developed and successfully implemented in parallel with the operational measures for overcoming the Covid-19 situation. Further preparations for the “new normal” are in full swing.
The transformation is being intensively pursued and accelerated with the support of the new strategic partner
- The strategy of developing future-oriented experience platforms and marketing solutions to offer unique added value to communities in selected ecosystems is being taken forward at pace. The process of further strategic development with the involvement of the new strategic partner has been launched.
- Following its partial renewal in January 2021, the Executive Board has implemented organisational measures to optimise the deployment of competences and resources across the different group divisions.
- The ongoing measures to contain the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic will not yet permit a positive result to be achieved for the current financial year. The aim is to achieve break-even in the 2022 financial year and grow continuously thereafter.