The holding company MCH Group Ltd. with its head office in Basel is a joint stock company with the participation of public sector entities as per Art. 762 of the Swiss Code of Obligations.
It has its roots in the “Schweizer Mustermesse” (Swiss Samples Fair) which was established in Basel in 1916 and in the Schweizer Mustermesse Cooperative that was founded in in Basel in 1920 for purposes of running the fair. In 2000, the Cooperative was converted into a joint stock company with the participation of public sector entities as per Article 762 of the Swiss Code of Obligations. In 2001, this merged with the exhibition company in Zurich (established in 1945) under the joint umbrella of MCH Swiss Exhibition (Holding) Ltd. The holding company was renamed MCH Group Ltd. in 2009.
Companies and holdings
In the 2020 financial year, subsidiary Exhibit & More AG was integrated in MCH Swiss Exhibition (Basel) Ltd. In addition, MCH Group’s 20 % stake in metron Vilshofen GmbH in Vilshofen was transferred to the majority shareholder after the latter had exercised its right of revocation in the previous year. MCH Group’s 10 % stake in Design Miami II LLC was brought into the newly founded Design Commerce Technologies, Inc. in which MCH Group has a stake of 4.75 %. Design Miami Basel AG, in which MCH Group holds 50 % of the shares, will be dissolved and liquidated in 2021.
The most important companies for the group’s business activity are set out below (subsequent to the above structural changes):
Companies and stakes held directly by MCH Group Ltd.
- MCH Swiss Exhibition (Basel) Ltd. – since 2001 | 100 %
- MCH Swiss Exhibition (Zurich) Ltd. – since 2001 | 100 %
- MCH Beaulieu Lausanne SA – since 2011 | 100 %, (following the acquisition of the majority of shares in the former Beaulieu Exploitation SA in 2010)
- MCH Live Marketing Solutions AG – since 2007 | 100 % (formerly Expomobilia AG)
- MCH US Corp. – since 2017 | 100 % (with MC2 Group)
Subsidiaries of MCH Swiss Exhibition (Basel) Ltd.
- Art Basel U.S. Corp. in Miami Beach – since 2013 | 100 % (responsible for Art Basel in Miami Beach)
- MCH Group Asia Ltd. – since 2011 | 60% and since 2014 | 100 % (formerly Asian Art Fairs Limited in Hong Kong)
- Masterpiece London Limited – since 2017 | 67.5 % (with Masterpiece Asia Limited, Hong Kong)
- Design Commerce Technologies, Inc. – since 2020 | 4.75 %
Subsidiaries of MCH Live Marketing Solutions AG
- Expomobilia MCH Global Shanghai Ltd. – since 2016 | 100 %
- Expomobilia MCH Global ME Live Marketing LLC – since 2018 | 49 %
Overview of all the companies and holdings: