General principles of remuneration
The MCH Group endeavors to offer its employees attractive conditions. The remuneration principles, remuneration systems and remuneration levels are based on the standard conditions prevailing on the market and in the sector and are regularly reviewed. The MCH Group also aims to allow as many of its employees as possible to participate in the group’s success through a variable remuneration component.
The remuneration systems for all the companies are configured in such a way that
- they are both proportionate and competitive in relation to those of companies in a comparable field of activity;
- they are commensurate with the quality of the work, the workload and the responsibility borne by the function in question and the contribution made by the individual;
- they are readily comprehensible and transparent for employees at all levels;
- the profit-related (variable) remuneration is in proportion to the group result;
- the ratio between the non-profit-related (fixed) and the profit-related (variable) elements of the remuneration is commensurate with the sphere of influence of the employee concerned;
- an appropriate ratio exists between the lowest and the highest wages.
Board of Directors and Executive Board
The Board of Directors sets the remuneration for the Board of Directors and the Executive Board each year following a proposal from the Governance, Nomination and Compensation Committee (GNCC) elected by the Annual General Meeting and submits the corresponding proposals to the Annual General Meeting in accordance with the Articles of Association.
On 28.04.2021, the Annual General Meeting elected the following members of the Board of Directors as members of the GNCC for the term of office until the end of the Annual General Meeting 2022.
- Christoph Brutschin, Chairman
- Dr. Balz Hösly
- Jeffrey Palker
- Andrea Zappia
Details of the function of the GNCC may be found in the “Corporate Governance” section of the Annual Report under "Organization & Management” | “Specialist Committees of the Board of Directors”.
– Online: Link
– Download pdf: Page 56
Details of the members of the GNCC may be found in the “Corporate Governance” section of the Annual Report under “Board of Directors”.
– Online: Link
– Download pdf: Page 64
The remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Executive Board disclosed in the remuneration report takes in all the remuneration for the 2021 reporting year.
A number of members of the Executive Board are also on the Board of Directors of group companies. No extra remuneration is paid for the exercise of these mandates within the group.